Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

NAIJAGAL OF THE DAY IS TUEDON OMATSOLA MORGAN!! MARATHON SUPER STAR NAIJAGAL AND TECH EXPERT!

Not only is she a good friend of ours,  she is definite one super stunning, tremendously brilliant Naijagal. She is a suberb marathon winner, hmm lets just say she finished marathon's in seven continents! She also has two masters degrees, but wait there is more, get this: she moved to Qatar in 2005 and is currently educating Qataris! Okay should we just say, all hail the queen! Cause that is what she is in our books, are you inspired yet? Well here is an interview she gave with Bellanaija:

Tell us about yourself
I am British with Nigerian parents. My parents come from Warri Delta-State Nigeria. I am 41 years old, I’ll be 42 in a few weeks. I have been married for 21 years, and have 4 sons. This year my boys will be 20, 18, 16 and 8. My first degree was in Accounting and Finance with Business Information Technology. I have two Masters Degrees: one in Business Administration and another in Education. I moved to Qatar in 2005 from the United Kingdom to help out with Qatarization. I am currently working with the Ministry of Administrative Development educating Qataris.

What inspired you to start running? 
I gained a lot of weight after having my 4th son and my health started to deteriorate. I was always breathless and started to really experience lots of pain on my ankles and knee. I was always complaining of how big I was but never did anything about it. My boss at the time Tracy Pryce called me into her office one day and said I had to do something about my weight. I would complain frantically about how big I was but she would see me eat everything on the face of the earth. Tracy ran on the treadmill and at that time it seems impossible. So I finally joined the gym in January 2008, but my goal wasn’t to run. All I wanted was to lose weight. I started walking, then progressed to jogging and when I could run a 5km on the treadmill.

How many hours do you train a week?
I always say my first year of running were my best years. I ran once a week and would use the gym 5 days a week. I just ran with the club on a Friday and slowly picked up pace and distance. Training for a marathon is like taking on a second full-time job but I wasn’t fazed by the requirements and commitment to putting in the work to making it happen. I would usually do a 10km to 20km a week. Now starting my 4th year of running, a good week for me is running anything up to 90km a week. I have a personal trainer who I see twice a week and we focus on my core and upper body. I need tight abs and a strong core to hold the distances I run

You finished the 7 continents challenge which you set for yourself. Did you ever think at any point, that you won’t be able to complete it?
I have run the seven continents TWICE. I became the first Nigerian with Abisoye to run the seven continents including Antartica. I just finished running the Triple Seven Quest which was done in 11 days and not the original 7 days. We ran 7 marathons in 7 continents and we had a 5 day delay which meant I was away longer than planned. I always go into a race with hope and faith. I am very prayerful and I have successfully attached my running with my spiritual life. It helps a lot.
Now this was truly inspiring, moms can certainly learn how she does it all!
How do you balance running, with your day job AND motherhood!?

I wake up at 3.30am and by 4am I am on the streets of Doha running. I get home at 5.30am and wake my kids up. At the weekend I do a long run and come back before my kids get up. I try to run in my own time and not steal family time. And when the day starts it’s a full d 

No comments:

Post a Comment